June 19th, 2020 - Newsletter #13
Dear Comrades and Friends of the Hanover Corps,
Greetings to all of you…I pray that your week was a productive one and a blessed one as well.
With the news of our province moving into Phase 2 of re-opening, I’m sure many of you have also heard that Churches are included on the list, but with many government and health regulations. For churches, we are limited to 30% of the building capacity [which is 31 here in Hanover] and must continue to maintain the social distancing rule of 6ft, always wear a mask, no singing and no wind instruments.
A letter from our Territorial Commander, Commissioner Floyd Tidd, raised an important question that we need to seriously consider in these days, the question of – Why Open? He goes on to say that just because we can open doesn’t necessarily mean that we should. We need to consider the safety and health of our people and our community in all we do.
I have been in conversation with some of our leaders and congregants to get their opinion as to what our decision should be for Hanover. It has been decided to wait another month and to see how things progress within the Province and in our area as well. I will continue to keep you informed and provide sufficient time so we can be organized and trained with the protocols. Do be patient during these days, the day is coming when we will be together again. J
· Major Alonzo, Major Lori, Major John
· Our Intake Worker Sandra needs prayer for her daughter Nicole who is not well
· Lisa’s family
· Captain’s Mark and Wendy Crabb as they prepare to come to Hanover J
· The joining of the two Ontario Divisions on July 1st – Zoom on Sunday June 28th ‘a salute to the ONGL’ [contact Major if you need the information and want to join in the celebrations].
· Reopening of our Thrift Store as well as starting our Sunday Services
Do check out our website for the recent sermon videos and the occasional musical video as well. Be safe. Keep your distance. Wash your hands.
Yours in Christ,